Translate

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Tangled River

When it comes to hat designs, few can rival the amazing  Woolly Wormhead. Her unique designs blend, shape and colour in such a fantastic and individual way. As you can probably tell I am a big fan. Woolly has a design to suit everyone and I mean everyone! If you have ever been to her stall at a yarn gathering and played the game of letting Woolly find a hat for you, you will know exactly what I mean. Few would argue with the result.
 I am a big fan of hats in general. In between bigger garment projects I am usually knitting socks or hats. I love the instant gratification of casting something on and having a finished object in a couple of days. I have had Tangled River in my library for such a long time I don't know why it's taken me so long to get round to it.
Cast on while having a coffee with my buddy * Jacqui from Happy Making Designs (we'll come back to Jacqui in a bit). Even my husband who doesn't know much about knitting at all other than he mustn't talk if I'm counting (or I start to count REALLY loudly) said "Nice Cables!" 
There is something so satisfying about knitting through the back loops isn't there? Or maybe that's just me. This pattern used ktbl through out so added extra pleasure for me.
 I'm so happy with it and I haven't taken it off my head since, well apart from going to bed and in the shower.
The colour is a great clash with my hair too.


I have now just begun my first pair of socks from Coop Knits Socks by Rachel Coop. Rachel is to socks knitting designs what Woolly Wormhead is to hat knitting designs. Exquisite patterns that make sock knitting into wearable art. This is the book I bought the book at Unravel

 
I'm beginning with Paignton


I'm using the most gorgeous coloured yarn from Danielle, A Stash Addict sock club that I joined last year. Sadly Danielle no longer dyes yarn and I have been waiting for the right project to use this one.

It's been a while since I've knitted socks on dpn's but I'm really enjoying it!



* And so to Jacqui. Whilst at Unravel we stopped by the Alafoss stall. 

The quality of their yarn and the gorgeous colours was a pleasure (not to mention that they were pedlar's of free chocolate treats too) Unfortunately we missed out on the amazing offers on sweater packs. The lovely ladies at Alafoss emailed us codes to get a discounts because they didn't have enough packs on the day but EVEN better than that they gave Jacqui one to use on her blog so we can share the Alafoss love!! You can get your code here at Happy Making Design. What a bargain for a pure wool sweater kit.



5 comments:

  1. I just love that hat! It looks great with your hair too!
    Have fun with the socks!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gill. I like a good clash of colours ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMM mmmmmmm...sock wool envy...very jel!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I look forward to seeing the Coopknits socks. I like the look of her designs, though I've never knitted any.

    ReplyDelete